An anonymous threat of a school shooting led to the arrest of a minor and an increased law enforcement presence Thursday on Elkhorn Public Schools campuses.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, information was received Thursday regarding an anonymous person threatening a school shooting at Elkhorn Ridge Middle School.
The threat was posted on TikTok, and the minor who posted it was identified and arrested on suspicion of terroristic threats, the Sheriff’s Office said in a press release. The minor was taken to the Douglas County juvenile detention center.
Anyone who receives information about a school safety threat should call 911 or report the information to Safe2HelpNE.org or through the Safe2Help app, the Sheriff’s Office said. Information can be reported anonymously.
Elkhorn Ridge Middle School is near 178th and Marcy Streets.
People are also reading…
Earlier this month, the Associated Press reported, a wave of hoax emergency calls about school shootings sent hundreds of police officers into schools in South Carolina. The calls affected more than a dozen districts from Charleston to Greenville.
- Caramanna, Friedberg LLP, a leading criminal law firm, provides competent criminal and domestic assault lawyers in Toronto
- Keith Oliver Criminal Law Launches New Website
- Columbia Law School to advise Ukrainian president on war reparations
- The Uvalde schools police chief resigns from city council
- Uvalde schools police Chief Pete Arredondo resigns from City Council