Life Happens, which was once known as the Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education, began organizing the life awareness months in 2004, three years after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and New York’s World Trade Center.
In 2020, Brooke Shields was the campaign spokesperson, and the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic helped drive home the message that the unexpected can happen at any time.
In 2021, Kelly Rowland, a former member of the group Destiny’s Child, was the spokesperson, and the tone of that campaign was also somber. In one video, Rowland said having life insurance tells a family, “I love you, I’ve got you and I’m seeing to your future, no matter what.”
The new campaign is focusing on the idea that buying life insurance is an easy way for parents to take responsibility for their children.
Campaign organizers have posted a video of Sánchez on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. On YouTube, for example, a version posted by Life Happens in June had 193,706 views and 21 upvotes at press time.
Pictured: Roselyn Milagros Sánchez Rodriguez appears in a promotional image for the 2022 Life Insurance Awareness Month campaign. (Image: Life Happens)
- Term Life Insurance Buyer's Guide for 2022 – InsuranceNewsNet
- Life Insurance, Annuities and R&D Tax Credits
- With existence getting more expensive, is it worth selling your life insurance policy?
- 3 Reasons Term Life Insurance Is a Better Option for Most People
- ON THE MONEY: More about permanent life insurance | Features