“We have 159 counties,” said Cobb County Magistrate Court Judge Tabitha Ponder. “For Fulton County alone to have about 40% of Georgia’s attorneys is not in proportion to the population.”
August 29, 2022 at 02:01 PM
7 minute read
What You Need to Know
- Georgia is home to legal deserts consisting of several counties containing few, if any, barred lawyers.
- About a quarter of the state’s 159 counties have five or fewer jurists licensed with the State Bar of Georgia.
- Baker, Clay, Glasscock, McIntosh, Schley and Webster counties are legal deserts lacking any lawyers, per the Georgia Legal Services Program.
What has deserts but very little sand? Georgian.
Lawyers are fleeing some parts of the state, creating “deserts” where more than 1 million people have no legal representation.
Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates PC
75 Ponce De Leon Ave NE Ste 101
Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone
2 Oliver St #608
Smith & Hassler
1225 N Loop W #525
Presented by BigVoodoo
More From ALM
With this subscription you will receive unlimited access to high quality, online, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry. This is perfect for attorneys licensed in multiple jurisdictions or for attorneys that have fulfilled their CLE requirement but need to access resourceful information for their practice areas.
Our Team Account subscription service is for legal teams of four or more attorneys. Each attorney is granted unlimited access to high quality, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry along with administrative access to easily manage CLE for the entire team.
Gain access to some of the most knowledgeable and experienced attorneys with our 2 bundle options! Our Compliance bundles are curated by CLE Counselors and include current legal topics and challenges within the industry. Our second option allows you to build your bundle and strategically select the content that pertains to your needs. Both options are priced the same.
Dynamically explore and compare data on law firms, companies, individual lawyers, and industry trends.
Law.com Compass includes access to our exclusive industry reports, combining the unmatched expertise of our analyst team with ALM’s deep bench of proprietary information to provide insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
Law.com Compass delivers you the full scope of information, from the rankings of the Am Law 200 and NLJ 500 to intricate details and comparisons of firms’ financials, staffing, clients, news and events.
McOmber McOmber & Luber: Our New Associates Ashley E Malandre and Rachel C. Krupnick are providing accomplished representation for : Employment Law, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Personal Injury, Collections, Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning, Business
- Howard Levitt: Why a good lawyer never ignores the court of public opinion
- Brian Laundrie's notebook reveals confession in Gabby Petito's death
- Attorneys fight to 'correct' long prison sentence
- Columbia Law School to advise Ukrainian president on war reparations
- Greitens RINO video spurred threats to family, lawyer says