Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, will now be receiving legal counsel on a “variety of business matters” from a team of lawyers including, one of the attorneys who represented Johnny Depp in his , a spokesperson for the law firm Brown Rudnick told CBS News. No other details were provided.
On Friday, balenciaga-breaks-up-with-ye-anti-semitic-threats-hate-speech-1235397358/”>Women’s Wear Daily reported that luxury fashion brand Balenciaga severed ties with the rapper.
“Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist,” the outlet reported, citing a statement from Balenciaga’s parent company Kering.
West had walked in the luxury brand’s show during Paris Fashion Week earlier this month.
The decision comes as West facesfor wearing a shirt with a “White Lives Matter” slogan, making several antisemitic comments, and sharing offensive statements on Twitter and Instagram. The social media platforms subsequently restricted the rapper’s access to his accounts.
West thenthat he would be entering into an agreement to buy the right-leaning social network Parler.
Other companies that have worked with West in the past have also cut ties with him. According to a person familiar with the matter, JPMorgan Chase sent a letter to West on Sept. 20 to essentially banking relationship.. The bank gave the rapper 60 days from the date of the letter to find a new
- Todd and Julie Chrisley told their son Grayson, 16, to guard his 'tender heart' amid legal troubles
- The Dobbs Decision Has Unleashed Legal Chaos for Doctors and Patients
- Todd and Julie Chrisley Told 16-Year-Old Son Grayson to Protect His 'Tender Heart' amid Family Legal Woes
- Pritzker asks for more federal money to states with abortion access
- Germany plans to ease rules for legal changes of gender