The family of Jayland Walker, a 25-year-old Akron man shot multiple times and killed by Akron police in June, has scheduled a media briefing to discuss the status of the release of information, as well as the contents of recently released video of the shooting.
Jayland Walker case: walker-shooting-video-body-camera-akron-ohio-police/65420533007/” data-ylk=”slk:Akron releases longer officer videos of shooting death, aftermath” class=”link “>Akron releases longer officer videos of shooting death, aftermath
The briefing will be at 1 pm at St. Ashworth Temple COGIC, 1086 Vernon Odom Blvd. in Akron.
It will be livestreamed at https://boxcast.tv/channel/hehkjq8hhh69xo9oj8y1 for those who cannot attend in person.
The briefing will be led by the Walker family legal team, including Bobby DiCello and Ken Abbarno of DiCello Levitt, as well as the Rev. Robert E. DeJournett, a family member and pastor of St. Ashworth Temple COGIC, and Pam Walker, Jayland Walker’s mother.
Jayland Walker was killed after fleeing from a traffic stop in the North Hill neighborhood around 12:30 am June 27. Eight officers are on paid administrative leave after they fired at Walker, striking him dozens of times when he jumped from his car and attempted to run away in Firestone Park.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the case.
This article originally appeared on Akron Beacon Journal: Jayland Walker family schedules media briefing for Tuesday in Akron
- Todd and Julie Chrisley told their son Grayson, 16, to guard his 'tender heart' amid legal troubles
- The Dobbs Decision Has Unleashed Legal Chaos for Doctors and Patients
- Todd and Julie Chrisley Told 16-Year-Old Son Grayson to Protect His 'Tender Heart' amid Family Legal Woes
- Pritzker asks for more federal money to states with abortion access
- Germany plans to ease rules for legal changes of gender